Basic Principle of Myofascial Acoustic Compression Therapy
A sound approach to treating acute and chronic musculoskeletal pain. Myofascial Acoustic Compression Therapy (MyACT) is widely used in the treatment of acute and chronic pain in muscles, tendons and joints. MyACT describes the use of acoustic waves to target tissue at varying depths to compress and manipulate tissue resulting in a focused and precise deep tissue massage. The results of the mechanical stimulus delivered by MyACT can lead to increased circulation and pain relief– key components in the healing process.
Why PiezoWave2 and MyACT are Unique
Mechanical stimuli affect almost all cellular functions of living tissue such as growth, cell differentiation, cell migration, protein synthesis, physiological apoptosis and tissue necrosis. The acoustic waves generated by the PiezoWave2 converge at a point deep within the soft tissue to produce an intense, extremely short duration compression burst. The focused acoustic compression force is translated to the surrounding tissue like an extremely precise deep tissue massage. The precise targeting of tissue with Acoustic Compression provides healthcare professionals with a tool to positively influence cellular form and function, which can result in pain relief and improved circulation.
MyACT is not Ultrasound
MyACT Delivers Mechanical Energy – Not Light, Electrical or Thermal Energy
PiezoWave2 and MyACT – Benefiting You and Your Patients
Improving patient outcomes improves the growth of your patient base and your reputation as an informed provider of effective therapies. According to PiezoWave2 clinicians adoption of MyACT has grown their patient base on an average of 25%.
Designs That Improve Your Daily Experience and Your Patient Outcomes
The PiezoWave2 has a simple user interface and foot pedal controls that enhance it’s daily use. The control unit recognizes which therapy source is plugged in to provide the appropriate energy spectrum during use Individual settings can be adjusted with just a few keystrokes and via the treatment control foot pedals. The PiezoWave 2 MyACT is designed with an IPad Holder offering you the possibility to attach your IPad to display patient information and treatment charts. You can also download and up-date our MyAct Treatment Protocol App for your Ipad, ensuring that you will continue to receive the latest information on settings and the newest recommendations for the PiezoWave2 MyAct clinical applications. Quickly and online.- Therapy source recognition with Plug&Play
- Focused or linear – the best pressurewave for every indication
- Excellent performance with single-layer and double-layer technology
- Piezo-electric “direct focusing” technology – minimal pain during applications
- Well defined, precise focus – perfect for diagnosis and therapy
- Uniquely durable therapy source
- Finely adjustable penetration depth using interchangeable gel pads
- Independently adjustable penetration depths and energy levels
- Wide range of low energy settings
- Simple operation with App support and Ipad holder
- Plug&Play – therapy source recognition
- Quick therapy start
- Easy to use – uncomplicated operation
- Supported by our Ipad App
- Use of external, supporting Apps
- Always up-to-date
Focused and Linear Therapy for Pin Pointed and Macro Treatments
The piezo-electric principle offers an extensive range of configurations. The only one of its kind in the world, the PiezoWave2 allows users to choose between a classic focused therapy source and a linear focused soundwave.
Focused Therapy Source
Linear Therapy Source
Unparalleled Treatment Control
- Quick and easy control over energy delivery, treatment depth and treatment location MyACT is focused deep in tissue to deliver the greatest amount of energy at the desired focal point
- MyACT’s focal point is adjustable to different depth levels in 5mm steps
- MyACT flares the patient’s familiar pain to confirm the area that requires treatment
- Targeting MyACT at varying depths to compress and manipulate tissue results in a focused and precise deep tissue massage
- Myofascial Acoustic Compression Therapy’s influence as a pin-pointed delivery of mechanical stimulus can result in biochemical events that lead to increased circulation and pain relief – key components in the healing process
Specifically Designed for Myofascial Treatments
Richard Wolf GmbH / Germany and Elvation has specifically designed piezo therapy sources that provide low energy / low pressure levels for myofascial and muscloskeletal massage treatment. Piezo-ceramic elements are geometrically arranged on a concave surface so that when they are excited simultaneously by a brief, high-voltage pulse, they expand by a few micrometers to generate a low energy pressure pulse. The piezo elements are precisely aligned so that each pressure pulse generated focuses in a specific area. This precise focusing of the pulse creates an acoustic compression event at the point of focus.
The PiezoWave2 MyACT system provides you with the choice of two piezo therapy sources for this superficial treatment. The Focused Therapy Source for pin-point, focused treatments and the Linear Therapy Source for larger treatment areas.